This is another very quick post, just so you all know that I’m still alive and kicking. I’ve been really busy, both with my “day job” and upgrading my printer to 5 colour.
Anyway, I’ve just finished printing this with my Diamond 5 Colour hot end.
It’s Aria the Dragon by Loubie which you can find here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:600550. I scaled it up by 180% making it about 235mm tall. Then I ran my little colour changing script to change the mixing ratio in 1% increments on every second layer change. So it starts at 100% clear then mixes clear with Blue, the Blue with Yellow, then Yellow with Red and finally Red with Black. However, I ran out of height so only got as far as 50% Black and 50% Red.
I used FilaPrint transparent PET-G from FilaPrint http://shop.3dfilaprint.com/filaprint-pet-g-393-c.asp which I have to say, is so much better than the eSun stiff I tried. Transparent filament is better than solid filament when mixing colour like this as it largely negates the “stripy toothpaste” effect.
More to come later……………