Upgrading my Extruders from 5 E3D Titans to 5 Bondtech BMGs

Following my extreme retraction torture tests, I decided to upgrade my printer from using E3D Titan extruders to BondTech BMGs (five of them).

This was quite a major job for many reasons and because………..well, on the basis that a picture is worth a thousand words, then a video must be worth more, so in the interests of brevity, I’ll just link the video. The upgrade took me about 3 1/2 hours (you’ll see why) but the video is about 24 minutes.

Changing to 5 Bondtech BMG extruders

I made 3 fundamental errors during assembly which I had to rectify. See if you can spot them (but there are no prizes).

Ian

PS. There is no mug shot of me, just my battle scarred hands.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s