Quick and cheap DIY nozzle “trainer” socks.

1. Introduction This is a follow up post to the nozzle temperature tests I did previously. Depending on the design of ones’ hot end, it may not be possible to buy a silicone “sock” to fit. In this post, I detail how I quickly and cheaply made some. My particular hot block has a large […]

My 6 Input Mixing Hot End – Part 8

1. Introduction Further to my last post (part 7), I have now made and fitted the part cooling solution, assembled the latest version of the hot end (although it is still lacking heat breaks), completed the fitting of the gantry belts and wiring, made and fitted a small circuit board for the Z probe/switch, and […]

My 6 Input Mixing Hot End – Part 7

The hot end mount and Z probe/homing switch 1. Introduction Following on from part 6 of this series of posts, I have now made the hot end mount and the switch arrangement which will act as a Z probe / homing switch. 2. Using the nozzle as a probe. Readers of this blog will know […]

My 6 input mixing hot end – part 6.

1. Introduction. This is just a progress update on the new gantries that I talked about in part 5 and my latest hot end design revisions. As far as the hot end itself is concerned, I’ve had a fairly major set back which I will talk about later. 2. The new extruder gantry. In part […]

My 6 Input Mixing Hot End – Part 5

1. Introduction Further to my last post (part 4) this is just a quick update on my findings with regard to the leakage, my first attempt at a fix, and some other thoughts and observations. 2. Removing filament Having discovered a filament leakage problem, I had to remove the hot end assembly from the printer. […]

My 6 input mixing hot end – part 4

1. Introduction Further to my last post (part 3), I have designed some test parts to highlight the “stripey toothpaste” effect and printed these using the Diamond hot end. I’ve also managed to re-configure the extruders on my machine, fit the new hot end, load and flush through some filament and attempt my first print. […]