Around about this time last year, I was making a start on upgrading my printer to use a five colour Diamond hot end, in preparation for the TCT show. The upgrade itself went fine but I had problems printing five coloured objects. Specifically, the scaled up version of Aria by Loubie that I’ve talked about […]
Apologies to anyone who follows my blog for not posting much for a while but life has been very hectic lately. Anyway, I’ve finally got a bit of time to do this post. To make up for the lack of frequency of posts, this one will be quite long as I have a lot to […]
Before I launch into this, it occurs to me that people not familiar with mixing hot ends might be confused when I talk about tool changes. I explain how to define tools in another post, so I won’t go into it again here. Just be aware that a tool change and a colour change are […]
Further to my original post, I have found some inconsistency in results. I had written earlier that my thoughts were that the required purge amount was somehow related to print speed. My suspicion was that there is more molten filament in the melt chamber and above, (before the heat break) when printing at low speed […]
Julia vase #11 Heatwave by Virtox http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:126567 Printed Ian Pegg This is a copy of a post I did as guest on Think3dPrint3d ‘s blog back in December 2016. Now that I have my own blog up and running, I thought I’d post it here as well, just to keep all my posts together in […]
Most of the problems with multicolour printing revolve around the fact that when switching from one filament to another there is still some of the old filament in the system that needs to be purged before the new filament can be extruded cleanly. The usual approach is to use some sort of wipe or prime tower which is wasteful both in terms of print time and filament usage, so this is an alternative approach to the problem.